Thursday, November 18, 2010

SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME

In our family we inhale books, there are books everywhere, in the bedroom in the den in the livingroom, in the bathroom, yes there too. Reading is so essential, that's what I taught my kids.  If I could do it over I would buy  50% less toys and double the books. Books are toys in disguise. From the Cat in the Hat to Harry Potter, think of the fun your children will have!
When we learned that we were going to be grandparents, I started scouting out Sally Ann and Value Village for inexpensive board books to keep at grandma's. You can also find  Ravensburger board gamed for as little as 99cents. Nowadays whe pressed for what to give at a baby shower or as a new baby gift, I invariably give books.  The best present you can give your grandkids is a love for books! Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment