Monday, November 15, 2010

Baby's First Christmas Ornament

I was looking for a baby's first  Christmas ornament to give to my grandson, who is just 7 weeks old and could not find anything I really liked. I had started collecting an ornament each year for each of my boys  and that way they would  have at least 20 or so ornaments when they would leave home . So I wanted to do the same for my grandbaby. The ones I found that I liked had the wrong year.. I wanted one dated this year. Others were cheap wooden.. too babyish.. rattles, and polymer cartoonish depictions of babies done in that weird blue.. not the thing that  I really had in mind.  So I decided to make one for him instead. I thought I would cross stitch an ornament with his name and date etc.  I saw a cute pattern of a toy soldier.. not too large so it can be done in a few hours,especially if you have supplies on hand. So I will go digging in the craft bins and get started.

1 comment: