Monday, November 15, 2010

I AM BLOGGING!

Well, well, well, I cannot believe I am doing this!  My daughter-in-law  Amy has set this up for me as I am not tech savvy( code for older person!) So this will be a blog about everything and  nothing, much like Seinfeld, a show about nothing! Look how that turned out!  I don't  know why I wanted to write one, maybe it's just so I don't feel so out of the loop... Take heart all you nanas out there, we CAN navigate the net! Well with a little help anyway! So stay tuned. Tonight I made a super enchilada dish that my son said was A plus.

Creamy Baked Chicken Enchiladas

3 chicken breasts or mix of chicken meat, shredded  or thinly sliced
1/2 medium onion minced
2-3 cups baby spinach chopped
1 bag of you favorite mexican cheese mix,  recipes calls for 3/4 cup plus 1/2 cup but I like to use lots of cheese so I get the large bag.4

10-16 large tortillas any flavor
2 cups salsa.
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp galic powder
1 Tbsp dried oregano
4-6 sprigs cilantro ( I don't like cilantro, so I don't use it.
juice of 1/2 lemon divided

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, mix sour cream,salsa and milk until thoroughly blended, add garlic, oregano, and half the lemon juice and stir.
Pour  just enough sauce to coat the bottom of the 9x 12 baking dish, set aside the rest.

In another bowl, mix the chicken, spainach, lemon juice, one cup cheese mix, onion  and cilantro if using it.

Fill each tortlla with some of the chicken mixture and roll it up and place seam down in the baking dish.  Repeat with remaining  tortillas.

Pour remaining sauce over  the whole lot of tortillas, the top with the rest of the cheese  ( you can vary the amount of cheese, I usually vary it up!)

Bake for 30 min. until sauce is bubbly and cheese has melted.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm sounds delicious!
    I never doubted you for a moment!

    ReplyDelete