Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Eggplant Ricotta Bake

I always seem to have food on my mind. I believe that this is indeed building something if not character as I am constantly on a diet. For those of us who belong to the Overeaters Anonymous fraternity food is a constant in our lives. We just have to learn to co-exist! Portion, portion, portion! I truly believe that there is a special place reserved for people who struggle with food addiction in heaven. We will be greeted by saints carrying large platters of brownies and lemonade!

In the meantime something to try:

1 lb ricotta
3 eggs
1 cup grated romano cheese
fresh chopped basil
2 cups marinara sauce
olive oil, salt and pepper
2 large eggplants sliced lengthwise 3/4 inch thick skin on

oven to 450 degrees
brush both sides of eggplant slices, salt ad pepper. roast till tender 20-30 min.
in a bowl, whisk ricotta, eggs, 1/2 cup romano cheese, fresh bsil salt and pepper.

brush bottom and sides of an 8x8 casserole.
place 1/4 of eggplant down, spread with marinara, more eggplant, half ricotta mixture, repeat everything ending with ricotta on top. sprinkle with cheese ND BAKE 25-30 MIN.
cool 15 min so it is easy to cut.

when I double this I bake in a 9x12 pan

No comments:

Post a Comment