Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I am an extremist

No not that kind, but why is it that I feel the need to make so many  goodies for the holiday? Is  this the only way there is to show my love to my family and friends? In any case who am I trying to impress?  It is not about impressing people, I believe it is an offshoot of the nurturing desire. I only have one teenager left at home and he is not inpressed with anything I say or do, dude! Why are they so arrogant at seventeen? I feel as if I  am always getting a performance report and failing miserably. Well he is studying ancient civilizations and  well I obviously don't measure up! He never wants to hear what I have to say, but the few strands of hair on his chin are " call the media" worthy!  I hope I live long enough to see when it is that he will say " hey, Mom was pretty smart , you know" He already has told me that I did a great job raising him! Wow is that a real compliment or is it conceit! I don't know and I don't care, I will take it. Not only that he said that our messy house is so much more comfortable than some of his friends' homes that are very very clean and picked up but you never feel confortable stretching out and watching a hockey game, that our home felt like people live there, well they do! It made me cry from gratitude. Let's face it I am a great Mom but a lousy housekeeper! I just have better things to do.  If Hollywood ever needs someone to set up a disaster site or home invasion set up they should call me. I can turn a room  crazy chaotic in 5 minutes, I don't know what it is, it must me a recessive gene or something. To top it all off my husband is super organized and neat. Oh well, my son's wife won't  have to be concerned about her mother-in-law  checking for dust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment