Thursday, December 9, 2010

What is love?

Today as I was on my computer playing pop pies 2 and drinking my coffee, I glanced up and saw 2 beautiful cardinals sitting on our fence and seekig protection from the cedars bushes. I just love birds but lately as I have written on this venue  my cat has been killing and eating birds much to my consteration. Winter is here and the cats hate it outside with all the snow so I thought the birds had nothing  to fear at this point.  I mentioned to my husband that I should feed the birds now that the cats are not going out and they will not be sitting ducks anymore! He told me to throw out some bread  pieces but I complained that the birds would not see the bread and so on.....So as far as I knew that was that.... I was busy making my pites or tsourekia for Christmas and for my son Tony's birthday. I would be up till 2.00 am baking my 16 breads,so my mind was on that endeavour....
Since my better half is now retired he does all the groceries and errands. He was off to Wal-Mart for cat food, gloves for Chris. So a while later in he walks with a brand new bird feeder and seed! Wow, that made my day. He anticipated my heart's desire! He knew it would please me to have a feeder up. What a sweet man. In a marriage, it often is the little things that make you happy and also the little things that can make you miserable.  I am a lucky gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment