Thursday, December 9, 2010

nonna

I am a new grandma! I have a little grandson named Ambrose Michael. He, of course is an absolute doll! And the most beautiful and smartest baby in the world, let me tell you! I am in absolute and total love. I love my children and my beautiful daughter-in-law, ugh what an awful word to call someone, an in law. I prefer  daughter-of-my-heart! Anyhoo, as much as I adore my children, and I do, nothing really prepared me for what I feel for this little baby. Is it because most of us (especially mothers) love babies , and that along with the fact that this child is our child's child? I do not know but it makes me giddy when I know I am going to see him soon!Right now for me everything I think of or plan or do revolves around this little person. I love the way he gurgles at me when we sing and rock, it seems to me that he knows that I love him.  The other day my son, Chris was talking  to me about how it was that  people get this superhuman strengh when faced with a situation that requires uncommon heroism and strength such as the grandmother who lifted the car her granddaughter was under. He was wondering how that happens. I guess its the power of love, yes I believe in love and the power it can provide. My siblings had been teasing me and calling me Yiayai, which is greek for grandmother but I prefer to be called Nonna, which is grandma in Italian. as that is my heritage.  All I know is Yiayia or Nonna they both mean love!

No comments:

Post a Comment