Wednesday, December 15, 2010

recommendations

Before I got out to Zellers to get some yarn, I wanted to post one more . soemtimes I run out of books to read, not that happens  often as I can't go anywhere without a book. but sometimes you need a book and you have read everything from your regulars, you know,  the authors that you know and like. Sometimes I like to expand my author list so  I can have more variety. nothing makes me happier than knowing that I have several books lined up for me to read. I read before bed, and in the bathroom, excuse me! but yes! and I want pretty much a sure thing, I don't want to waste my money on unknowns. so I got some second hand books at value village for $3.99 so even if it's dud,  I didn't pay full price, which I never do anyway! so here's a list of books that I have enjoyed and hope that you will too. happy reading!

The Good Earth                Pearl S. Buck

The Help                           Kathryn Stockett

Dead Tomorrow                Peter James   ( British author  found at amazon.ca)

The Red Tent                     Anita Diamant

The Three Daughters of  Madame Liang                    Pearl S. Buck

Plain Truth                          Jodi Picoult


I'm off to get my yarn, I am feeling giddy, I will be making the granny stripe blanket  that that wonderful lady has on her blog  " Attic 24" .  I bought some new hooks as well and it is a real treat to be able to do this. The colors all absolutely enchanting , it's almost like the technicolor dreamcoat in the broadway show " Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat" many many colors By the way that musical by Andrew Lloyds Webber is very funny and very singable as opposed to Sondheim who is not, just had to get that in here. I hate it when the conoscenti criticise a composer because his compositions are singable and thus moneymakers!   I just had to rant about it, its just unfair... that's all I am going to say, there...

No comments:

Post a Comment